Your public art's amazing, but are your application forms and proposals letting you down? Are you confident you’re answering the questions and impressing the interview panel? Give yourself a chance and join Arts Consultant Paula Silbert for her latest workshop, "Public Art Ache. OMG! Those applications and Interviews."
What you’ll receive:
- Learn how to write powerful public art proposals and what to prepare when you’re shortlisted for the panel interview.
- Find out how successful and experienced public artists represent themselves when they respond to the Expression of Interest, Invitation and advertisement.
- Get the lowdown on how to be a great interviewee, and learn ways to impress the Selection Panel.
- Learn what to look for in the project brief, and how to highlight relevant details about your arts accomplishments.
- What you must ask the art coordinator or curator before you submit your public art proposal.
- Understand all those terms and schedules - like Concept Design Submission and Indicative Project Timetable.
- Engage in peer discussions and ask for feedback.
- Hear where practitioners purchase their insurance policies - you'll need good, reliable coverage.
- Take home practical, relevant working documents that you'll refer to long after the workshop has finished.
- Yummy morning and afternoon tea, and lunch provided.
This workshop is about the first step – getting an interview and being impressive in the interview. It does not cover what happens in Design Development and subsequent stages.
Paula Silbert presents the award-winning radio segments Smart Arts and Cover Your Arts, broadcast on top rating Australian radio stations since the 90's. With over 30 years of consulting experience addressing the issues which affect creative industries, the media and community initiatives, she delivers entertaining and informative seminars, talks and workshops, with effective mentoring grounded from real experience.
Paula is an experienced art curator and public arts consultant and has worked with lots of public artists - as a curator, an art coordinator for the Western Australian Government's Percent for Art Scheme, and for private clients. She’s seen winning proposals - and, far too many fabulous ideas ruined by depressingly poor applications and presentation skills.
- Date: Saturday, 12 November
- Time: 9.30am to 4.00pm
- Location: Dome Cafe, 219 Railway Parade Maylands
- Workshop Fee: $350
- Bookings Essential: Visit paulasilbert.com/store/public-art-ache to secure your place.